Monday, December 5, 2011

A Mission Letter

Dear loving family,

Wow sounds like things are crazy there! Wow how is Ethan adjusting to all that? (Ethan is having some issues with his deafness and ear, sleep apnea problems – more on that later). Apparently well if he is trying to pick up single ladies at the singles activity… (Phil and I served and washed dishes at a dinner/dance for the single adults. Ethan tagged along and got in on the action. About the only male who danced, btw). I’m glad that things are slightly going well.

Hopefully the cars will get better (when it rains, it pours) and dad will return soon. How long is he gone for ? And what’s his project for anyway? (Phil is working on a three year project to help reduce/eliminate underage substance abuse in White County. He is in D.C. for three days).

Things are well here, still working hard each day for self improvement, there will always be room for some I think. I get to a point and then say, ah, lets improve on that. There is so much I have to grow in !! There is also so much I can learn in the gospel, there will never be an end to how much a testimony can and will grow if fed and nurtured by the scriptures daily. There is no end!

Jordan, I need you to explain more when you have time; and keep reading the scriptures every single day you understand!?

Bryan…. I think you are right for now. (I suspect this has something to do with Bryan thinking his part of Africa was more challenging than Logan’s part of Africa, lol) There are still cockroaches here though you know. They NEVER DIE!!!!!! And also it is very difficult to get around not understand all the languages. French is coming along slowly but surely, both comprehension and speaking.

Speaking to an educated french speaker is one thing… speaking French to someone who barely knows french themselves is another. Ca va aller.

Megan Brian Claire and Jack!!! Love you all!!!

Ethan, love you the most!!!

Tout le monde!!! Je vous aime!!!!

I will have to wait till the Wheatleys (new senior couple coming in two weeks) get here to know how Christmas will work out (how will we get together to talk on Christmas Day?), so I will update you bien sur.

So I will talk to the Gates and see, I think I will ask them about their camera and see how much. I would get ripped off here though from native stores. My camera just stopped working. Plum stopped ! No explanation!! I wasn’t happy.

Things go well here. Pray for the mission president and the people of Kinshasa please everyone who reads this. Elections just happened and things are tense. President Jameson got evacuated yesterday. Things won’t reach out here but please continue to pray.

Hope you have a great week !

Love Elder McGrath

No comments: