Sunday, April 21, 2013

Boy and Dog

The downside to getting a "companion" dog for Ethan?

They can get themselves into trouble.

Yesterday Ethan and Axle went out back.  Not five minutes later I looked out the kitchen window and saw Axle running around from the side of the house with one of my chickens in his mouth!

I rushed outside (screaming) at the dog to "drop that bird!" but it was too late.

Both of them knew they were in B - I - G trouble.  Ethan ran into the house and shut himself up in his room and the dog ran into the house and hid in his crate.

It was better than way - for everyone.  They both stayed in their respective hideouts until dad came home an hour later.

Poor, poor bird.

Since the bird pen was still entirely enclosed, I think Ethan lifted the roof of the hen house and the bird flew out.  Axle must of thought it was his lucky day, until he had to pay the piper (i.e. the rantings one furious mom).

I would like to think that it will never happen again, but just when I think Ethan knows better than to do something, he does something he shouldn't. 


No comments: