Friday, May 23, 2014

Graduation

I don't know where the time went, but it went fast.   Reality is slappin' me right up side the head.

Fact one: My kids are getting older and moving away.

Hence fact two: I am getting older (and chunkier, but that is for another post).

Phil and I are preparing for a new chapter in our lives - and unfortunately, Ethan is having to prepare for that new chapter as well.  Jordan's graduation has turned the page.  The last of the "bros" will be leaving.  We will just be a trio come August.  That seems awful small and quiet.

It literally seems like yesterday when I was juggling five kids' schedules.  But not anymore.  What is even more strange is that after 20 some odd years of moving around, we have actually had three kids graduate from the same high school.......... we have Ethan to thank for that because it is only because of Ethan we have not moved again.

Jordan, of course, graduated in his mind around Christmas break.  And because of the enormous amount of snow days we have had, he had a shorter school year than most.  He didn't have to make up the days.



Grandma made the long trip to wish him well.  As per McGrath son tradition, we ate out at the Fuji Japanese Steakhouse and was treated to a performance with our meal.  And lots and lots of sushi.



Jordan hasn't actually held his diploma in his hands yet, because it appears that he has neglected to turn in his algebra textbook.  Are we sure we are ready for college all the way out West???




So, Jordan, here is to a new chapter in your life as well.  Choose wisely and work hard!

1 comment:

The McEwans said...

Wow, I'm kinda teary after that one.