
I was home alone tonight. Phil took the boys to Wednesday night youth activities. I was in the back office working.
Our doors beep with you open and close them. We have them do that so we are alerted when Ethan decides to leave the house. We always know when someone comes in or out.
I had the garage door closed and the front door locked. That left three back doors unlocked.
I heard a door open, beep, shut, beep.
I expected Logan or Ethan to come in the back and tell me how the swimming was.
Noone came.
I felt uneasy over not hearing any kids.
I called Logan, no answer.
I called Phil on his phone. He was in the car headed back from the activity with all of the kids.
I started to panic.
My back office has a door that goes outside, but it has our 72 hour emergency kits stacked in front of it, we never use the door.
Phil told me to call 911. I didn't take the time.
I threw those 72 hours packs aside like balloons and was out of the house in a flash.
Oh by the way, I had just gotten out of the shower. I was dressed, but my head was in a towel.
I ran to the front yard and waited by the street for Phil, he was about 5 minutes away.
Phil checked the house. He found no one.
Was someone scared away when they opened the door and heard the beep?
I don't know.
Was it my imagination?
I don't know.
It very well good of been divine intervention.
More than likely.
But you can be sure I will be double checking the locks on the doors tonight!
5 comments:
Ha ha!....Sorry...
Holy moley. I would have been freaking out!! Although, you might have run right into them if someone had been trying to get in the back door...glad you are safe!!
bet that was scary
Girl, I ALWAYS lock all of my doors!!!!!!
You also need a BIG DOG!!!
lol
sam
Well, first of all - you don't ALWAYS have your doors locked - there are too many people coming in and out. That said, I SHOULD always lock them when I am home alone. That luxury doesn't happen often, but really - how much help is Ethan going to be :-) As for the dogs - that is your territory as you know full well.
The downside of all of this is that Megan may never come visit me again!
Post a Comment