Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Official!

I have a job!!

Woohoo.

The principal called me on Friday and talked with me, but I was afraid to spread the word officially until I came back from Utah and spoke with her in person. In fact, this morning I was thinking perhaps I heard her wrong and I worried all morning.......I know, I'm a mess

It is only secure for this one year, as it is paid through Title I funds, but it is a start and I am confident (hopeful? wishful?) that I will again have a contract for next year.

I will be helping 3rd and 4th graders that are struggling in literacy and math. Pressure! Stress! If they don't progress there will only me one reason - ME!!

Am I excited? Yes.

Am I nervous? Yes.

Am I grateful for a job? YES.

I go to professional development tomorrow and start officially on Monday!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Fantastic! Is this in Searcy? Can't wait to read about your adventures!

Anonymous said...

Susie...that is such great news! I am so excited for you! I too am CONFIDENT that you will be back next year...they don't yet know how lucky they are to have you! Love, MJ

Sherri said...

Congratulations, Susie!!! It is so cool to meet such a big goal and then be able to do something with it!! We're all proud of you!