Sunday, November 21, 2010

What to do when you are swamped?

I have been absolutely swamped - Court of Honor dinner to cook for, tons of company over for dinner, All-Region Choir Festival (yea,Jordan!), teaching and lesson plans (huge learning curve), dictation to transcribe (I still work for a therapist on the side doing note transcription and billing), a big wheat workshop coming up on Tuesday, not to mention all of the homework I have yet to read and two huge assignments I haven't even given a thought to. And housework? Don't even go there.

So how do I manage my stress?

Pick up a book and pretend I don't have anything else to do.

I read this book when it first came out, and I loved it. I picked it up this week and read it again. that is what is so great about books, you can read them over and over and it is just like the first time.

This book is touching and authentic, with real, complex characters and it makes you ponder on life. Just a note - this book is for teens and up. The plot involves serious issues. Even though the protagonist is only 12, I wouldn't have a 12 year old read the book.

Go ahead, lift the corner of your universe. You can make a difference!

No comments: