



I can't wait until we leave for Utah, but I more hope that the suburban makes it there and back. Each morning when I leave for school is makes a very odd sound....... And I hope it doesn't do something crazy like BLIZZARD on our way there.
Good news? Megan, Jack and Claire get to come back with us for a few weeks while Brian does a seminar in Florida.....woohoo. It won't be quite as much fun because I leave for school so early, but who cares!!! I remember taking the kids and visiting my mom and she worked all day, but I was still happy to be there. Hopefully it will be the same for Megan. I will love coming home to Claire, who is always happy to see me. :-)
Those pictures are random. I wish I had some of my "other" son - the one who calls occasionally, but I don't have hard evidence of his existence, hint hint. I asked him to send me some pictures but all he sent me were of Claire. Honestly...........
I have been busy this week making a sourdough starter - I made a loaf of crusty artisan bread today and it was YUMMY! I also made some delicious English muffins which, in my humble opinion, were much better other recipe I have tried over the years. We ate them until they were gone. My experiment with pretzels, well, let's just say you could use them to kill a small animal if your aim was good.
Phil and Jordan are taking in a college basketball game. I thought Ethan was getting into something because I haven't heard him in a while, but guess what? He fell asleep in my bed. He is such an angel when he is sleeping.
I haven't been in the Christmas spirit, I am sorry to say. I did put up the tree, but half the lights are out and we didn't bring anything else down from the attic. Ethan is just happy to put random things on the tree, so I say Go For It. It hasn't been a festive year and we are passing on all of that. Ethan is happy - so I am happy enough. We will try again next year. The most important this is I will get to see ALL of my kids - which I know is a rarity. Next Christmas Logan will be gone on his mission. And with kids getting married and needing to divide up time with in-laws and such, I will take what I can get. We will sing, eat, watch movies, play games, be silly, eat and eat. I will miss my grandma and dad, even though we never really spent Christmas with them, distance always prevented it. I still get so sad, I just break down and have a good bawl. And that is tough, since I am still congested with a cold, lol. Sometimes getting older is really the pits.
Well, what started out as a light-hearted entry got a little depressing.
That is the way it goes.
I think I will go cheer myself up by watching an episode of Psych on Hulu. Have you seen the latest episode? If you are old like me and remember the "Twin Peaks" phase, you will really get a kick out of it.
2 comments:
I'm excited to come!!
Oh, and what kids getting married? The boys came over last night for dinner and I can tell ya...the next one getting married will be Jordan! lol
Post a Comment