The Curse of the Confectionery Container
i.e. the candy dish
Mom is a lovely person, just ask anyone. She has a pantry full of treats and a frig of yummy drinks anytime the grandkids visit. Even the littlest ones (2 years old) know where to go and how to use the step stool to get what they want.
For me, however, she is devious (she just doesn't know it).
When you walk in the front door there is a side table strategically placed so that you must pass it anytime you walk into the house, go to the back bedrooms, to find the bathroom, and to reach the door to the downstairs.
On that side table, aside from family pictures and a lamp, sits a crystal dish - filled to the rim - with peanut m&ms.
A curse.
Somehow, by some power I have yet to logically explain, my hand reaches instinctively towards the dish each time I pass by. Sometimes I even make an unnecessary sweep in that direction for no other reason than to reach in the dish.
I just finished spending 10 days at mom's. I think I have an extra pound for each day I was there.
The curse.
Perhaps it is because I never buy m&ms. Maybe if I kept my house full of them I would tire of them and not be so tempted to reach in that dish and eat them???
Fat chance (no pun intended).
I would provide you a picture of those tempting lil' morsels, but I managed to spend ten days and only take one picture - of the dog.
I guess I will have to rob my niece's blog for pictures of our trip.
In the meantime, Jillian and I had a nice little visit this morning as I started Day One of the 30 Day Shed.
Wish me luck.
2 comments:
Bring it to my house and we can do it together!! lol
It is in my bag!! See you in a few hours :-)
Post a Comment