Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Little Things

We have been so incredibly busy here, I don't think it is healthy. Somehow we are managing to hold ourselves together, but just.

I tell myself this is just a cycle and those wonderfully slow, relaxing, peaceful days will return at some point.

Just let me keep telling myself that - it gives me hope!

Pretty telling when you reflect back to a household of young children and call it slow and relaxing, lol.


As I was getting dinner in the oven, cleaning the kitchen, folding laundry, bathing Ethan, unloading the dishwasher, and trying to study I saw something that gave me the feeling that I was getting "a break." I was folding the last clean towel in the pile and all that was left was socks. I scooped them all up and put them in the "sock basket."
(not my actual basket)

Now the "sock basket" may seem like an unorganized, chaotic mess, but to me it is bliss. I DON'T HAVE TO MATCH SOCKS!!!!! Honestly, matching socks is stressful. I am sure all of you out there have perfectly matched socks every time you wash, but that has NEVER happened to me. Not-even-once!

Despite the fact I have been leaving the house before the sun is up and we all get home well after dark, I am making plans for an early spring garden. Thanks to a suggestion from my sister, I have procured barrels and am looking for dirt. My goal for this summer - NO WEEDS. Although you may be intrigued, you will have to wait until it is set up and then I will take pictures. Considering I haven't stepped foot in the back yard since October, don't hold your breath! :-)

Now, enough fun. Back to work it is.

1 comment:

Jessica Stevens said...

I'm a little less organized (even though I have more time) and just have a sock pile. That's right. A whole pile of unmatched socks. Although I do make an effort to match the socks that I can match, once I get annoyed I just stop. And leave them in a pile.
Miss you guys!