Lame.
Oh, and several (lots and lots) of bikes.
Boring.
Phil is starting year two with the bike shop and celebrated by opening a second shop in a town about an hour away. I celebrated by tagging along :-) He absolutely loves it. Of course he is too busy to actually ride the bikes anymore, but that is a whole different problem.
I started school three weeks ago. Goodness, three weeks already. I am not doing what I love to do this year (ESL). But even so, I love going each and every morning and giving love, attention, and hugs to dozens of children each day. I teach in a school with a lot of children who come from unhappy homes. I make it a point to always be smiling and to let them know I am happy to see them each and everyday. And it is not a stretch, because I do love seeing them each and everyday. I want them to always remember that I think they are of great worth and can accomplish anything. I make it a point to find the children I worked with last year that I don't get to work with this year. I want to keep that connection with them. And I do miss working with them everyday. Life shouldn't be so hard for ones who are so young.
I am also teaching early morning seminary. So I leave the house 5:50 a.m. and get home around 7:30 in the evening. Depending on work at the bike shop. Dinner? Thank goodness we all love toast. :-)
Jordan is a junior. What!?!
Ethan is in 6th grade (and yes, each year continues to be somewhat of a battle for services, but it could be worse - much worse.)
Logan has one more year. A picture of him is below.
Bryan visited for almost two weeks. I LOVED having him home again. Except he left Lucy, his tarantula, and she is psychotic. She scares me. She lunges at you when you open the cage to feed and water her. Bryan, I think she misses you!
Megan was due last Tuesday!! We were all hoping for a September 1st birthday to honor Mama Miller, but alas, unless she hurries - like right now - that is not going to happen. I am so sad I can't be there when this little fella is born, but today I thought "SKYPE!" I can still be there....yippeee!!!
I will end this lame blog with the few pictures I scavenged from my camera.
Notes from Logan: Gabon has officially recognized our church as a religion and has allowed for groups to meet there. So that is one huge step taken towards the church in Gabon; I think there are ten members
there now or something. Still a long way to go but that was a huge
step in the right direction.
there now or something. Still a long way to go but that was a huge
step in the right direction.
Yes I eat well! But I have lost lots of weight. Around twenty pounds
actually. I’m pretty skinny!! I walk a lot everyday. Miles and miles. But it isn’t too bad. I am strong.
actually. I’m pretty skinny!! I walk a lot everyday. Miles and miles. But it isn’t too bad. I am strong.
This is Ethan, exhausted while the kitchen was being repainted. He had Dolly and Jill for company.
Journee and Jordan checking out why Grandpa's old beehive was sitting crooked.


4 comments:
I am teaching Seminary also!! This is my second year and I don't, for the life of me, know how you do that and work also! You are a better woman than I (I knew that already though).
Don't you love it!? I am a little stressed in the evenings if I get home late from the shop...I try to have an outline for the week so I know exactly what I am doing, but it is only the third week so wish me luck!! I am happy to have my Wednesday nights back - it doesn't seem like a fair tradeoff, but I think it is! :-)
wow. jordan is big! are sure this is jordan
Oops - sorry. You are right - that is BRYAN!!!! Honestly, good catch!
Post a Comment