Thursday, March 27, 2014

Mr. Independent

Yes, this is another Ethan blog.  But honestly, nothing much happens in my life but work so I take the little bit of joy where I can get it.

Ethan, the "Mush Boy", the boy who eats oatmeal every. single. day.  Not the yucky instant oats, but real rolled oats.  Fiber, baby.

This morning I got in the shower while Ethan was outside feeding the cat.  That is one of his jobs now, feeding the animals. 

When I got out of the shower I saw that Ethan couldn't wait for me to cook his breakfast and had cooked his own.  The cooked oats were in the bowl.  The toast was in the toaster.  The milk was on the counter.  The dirty pot was soaking in the sink.

All - by - himself.

AWESOME!!!!


This week we had to go to Children's Hospital for a check up with the CPAP.  Ethan has been taking care of his CPAP himself.  He drains the water in the morning and can get it back together in the evening and puts it on without help.  He loves it!  He even carried the bag to the hospital and set it up for nurses.  They were amazed :-)  They asked me how I did it.  What?!?!    I don't do anything - that is all Ethan.  I just feel grateful the transition was smooth and we aren't fighting for him to wear it every night.  The nurses asked him why he likes to wear it and he signed "it helps me breathe."  I think he is just old enough to know what will help him.



And another thing, he is becoming expert at texting his "bro" (Bryan).  They have late night and early morning conversations.  Bryan had to call me yesterday to see what was going on because Ethan has been texting in the middle of day when he is supposed to be in school.  Spring Break!  Ethan loves texting his brother.  They are "bros"!!!!

No comments: