Monday, April 14, 2014

Old Friends and New

Where is the school year going?  I had to take a couple of weeks off from seeing my own group of students at school in order to help with state testing (quick, pull me off my soapbox!!).

This week is a fairly "normal" week and it seems like they have grown!  I think we may have needed a break from each other.  They were all happy to see me and I was happy to see them.  We had SEVEN new children enroll within three days last week.  It was crazy.  And one of them was quickly taken into custody by DHS.  She has been to four schools so far this year (she is a five year old).  She just hugs you and says "I love to come here, I don't ever want to leave."   It is enough to break your heart.

Jordan only has two more weeks of school.  He is planning on going to school in Arizona at the college where his grandparents and parents went.  His grandpa was also president of the college.  He is excited.  His good friend received his mission papers this week and will be going to Chile.  We are all very excited for him!

I travel now on Sundays to different units around our stake.  This week one of the ladies I travel with brought her son.  His name is also Ethan.  Her Ethan and my Ethan are now friends!  They are six years apart, but that didn't stop them from becoming buddies.  It was so cute to watch them become friends.

Spring teased us for a couple of days but tonight we have a freeze warning.  Woowhee, Arkansas!

No comments: