Sunday, September 28, 2014

"That's More Like It"

"That's more like it"

Ethan's new phrase.  We have been hearing it a lot, lately, and he says it very distinctly.  It is probably why he likes saying it so much.

We took a morning and went to the River Trail in Little Rock.  Ethan loved it, we could tell my his non-stop talking.  I had to ride behind him to keep him focused on the actual trail.  It was a long mile, let me tell ya.  I really didn't need my bike, I could of walked behind him and still not break into  a sweat.

Saturday morning Ethan got dressed early and had me tie his shoes.

M: "Where are you going?"
E: "My bro is coming to get me."
M: "We will see bro at Christmas."
E: "Trust me, mom, my bro is getting me."

When I walked into the front room I saw he was ready and waiting.

Later that morning when I went to check the dog's food and water I noticed his dishes missing.  It didn't take a genius to figure out where they were.  Apparently Ethan is planning on taking Axle along for the trip!

Ethan has spent nearly every night rearranging his bedroom.  He is the neatest of all my children.  Hear that, kids, ALL of my children.  Look at those silly slippers by his bed.  He is just like an old man, lol.  This was one day.
This is a couple of days later.

This is now.

One reason I haven't been writing much is because I am spending all of my time online working on another class.  The work is a little overwhelming which must mean I am tiring of school work.  But, one bright spot is I am reading this book:


To say I cry at every chapter wouldn't even describe my feelings reading this book.  I don't know if it is because I am a teacher, a mother of a child with special needs, or (most likely) both.  Someone asked me how school was going yesterday and all I could say was "I love my job!!"  It was a bit exasperating this week.  I work everyday with children who struggle to learn.  Some have apparent disabilities and some, we just don't know, so we try everything we can to help them be successful.  Some kids just need more time to figure things out - and I don't mean days - I mean it could take years.  Every one matures differently and learns differently.  Some days I feel like a failure, and every night last week I woke up in the early hours of the morning with particular students on my mind....would this strategy work?  Could I do this?  Or change that?  All I can say is that I love them and do my best and I truly love going to work everyday.

How great is that?


"That's more like it!"



No comments: