Wednesday, June 22, 2016

It's All Relative

I never thought I would live in a city, but now that I'm here - it's not all bad.  I will say (ahem) that the people in Searcy are a lot friendlier.  It may be that city folk as a whole aren't as friendly as town folk, but I do miss those friendlies in Searcy.  I will have to spread some of that hospitality while I am here.

In other news, you can't live in this part of Tennessee comfortably without a pool.  We only put in an above ground pool, but it is enough for us.  And Ethan was really excited for it.

He has been swimming every night for the last two weeks.  He is having a ton of fun.

Perhaps a little too much fun.......

Phil and I are enjoying the evenings outdoors without all of those nasty mosquitoes Arkansas liked to dish out.
I can hear cows mooing in the back and the sounds of birds settling in for the night.  L.o.v.e. I.t.
The bad part (ahem) is apparently the yard work.  I woke yesterday with a swollen face (I will spare you the gory pictures) and a rash all over my arms.  I don't know if it was poison ivy or what, but I will definitely be more careful.  I had to go back on another dose of steroids (sigh) - my body is never going to recover!
One definite perk is living close to family.  Ethan spent the afternoon on the lake with his cousins.

They took him out on the jet ski several times - he had a blast!
We are just enjoying the dog days of summer!

Here's a link to some live action.

No comments: