I started thinking about car decorations the night before, however, and after talking with one of my most creative friends (thanks, Jamie!!) I decided to turn the back of my suburban into a space machine and myself - into an alien.
This morning I enthusiastically grabbed Phil and started detailing my (I thought) easy plans. He looked at me when I mentioned lights for the spaceship's dashboard. He took my hand, led me to the Honda Civic and said, "We're making a bug, it's easier". So we ended up making a long tongue coming out of the "bugs" mouth, big eyes and antenne. I covered the inside with black and made the kids reach into the bug's mouth to get the candy. He was right, he was easier, but a lighted dashboard would of been much cooler!!
After tons of sweets, candy, and a million and one kids - I am packing up the costumes and come Friday we will turn out all of the lights, grab some buttered popcorn and rootbeer floats and enjoy a movie upstairs all to ourselves :-)
3 comments:
what is everyone? You guys look great! I love dads mustache!
Hm, I was a WICS (whatever I could scavenge) - you can't see it but I have some mega gold eyelashes on as well. Dad was a mexican cowboy and noone recognized him, believe it or not. Logan was a conductor, but at his friend's party on Saturday he will be the Phantom of the Opera (remember me buying that cheap phantom mask?), Ethan was Hansel, and Jordan was a bubble gum machine.
Phil looks great in the stache:-)
did you take a picture of the car???
Post a Comment