Saturday, December 5, 2009

Beautiful Ghana

A brief bit of Bryan's letter this week:

Sorry I couldn't write Monday. We got really busy. We were able to swing by the art market....but I only got a few things. They are quite used to white tourists over there and their prices were a little over the top. Wednesday we went up to Koforidua, it's our zone that covers most of the villages. It's such a pretty place to drive through - the jungle roads and everything, passing all the villages and everyone. I could drive it all day, but at some point I would want to get down and look for snakes.....lol. Ghana is about the prettiest country you'll ever find. Think of the jungles that they paint in pictures and show in movies. Think of the green rolling hills with villages on the sides and little patches of neatly sown crops. Think of coconut and palm trees covering the lowlands and swamps and ponds with colorful vegetation on them. Think of the mountains with red rocks and red dirt and the massive bare-trunked trees with the dense vegetation on the top. I could keep going. It's a sweet place, a very pretty place. I love it. Friday was a holiday - Farmers Day. I can't believe it's already December. Time is flying away. Enjoy my pictures!
Love,
Bryan




No comments: