Thursday, December 31, 2009

Out with the Old

I thought I would quickly post one more time for 2009. What a year!

I have spent the last week enjoying the family. I am so blessed to have a great family that I love spending my days with. I am also very lucky that I have a wonderful extended family on both sides - we aren't even that dysfunctional - what could be better!!!

I didn't take pictures of Christmas - I just sat and enjoyed. We got a big popcorn popper like the theatres have so we have been watching movies and eating popcorn each night.

Arkansas had 48 hours of straight rain on Christmas Eve. As we headed to the airport to pick up Brian, Megan and Claire (it was dark outside) we were surprised to find the roads on the highway flooded. Yikes! There were vehicles floating on the side of the road. By the time we slowly treaded through the deep water (thank goodness we had the suburban) I was a nervous wreck about how to get home! Their flight was delayed in Dallas because of ice and snow. It was a very long night and we didn't get home until 10:00. My Christmas Eve movie, "It's a Wonderful Life", had to be eliminated.

This is dark, but the water is up to the bumper of the car in front of us.
From here to the side is actually another lane no one could drive in.

Ethan got the movie "UP" for Christmas and as you all know he can become any character, he has become both lead parts at one time or another. He used the toilet plunger (it's clean, com'n) as a crutch to be the old man and then he dressed up as Russell, the boyscout kid. Then we found all of the items in his room outside his bedroom door. We had to stop him when he struggled to take the mattress out (if you have seen the movie, you know which part of it I am talking about).

Anyway, we are enjoying our last few days of rest and fun.

Happy New Year!!

(Bryan is home in exactly 11 weeks!)

2 comments:

Journee said...

Claire looks just like a picture I have of Megan at that age!!!!

lol
sami:-)

mary jane said...

That is some scary flooding! YIKES! Glad you made it home safely. Cute pics of Ethan!