Saturday, December 12, 2009

First Week Off

Important things that got accomplished:

1. Four novels were read.

2. Hung up all of the clothes that have been strewn around the bedroom for months.

3. Cleaned and organized all of the junk drawers in the kitchen (that was a biggie).

4. Actually worked out (only one day, though, these things have to progress slowly).

5. Thought about finishing the paint job in my bathroom.

As you can see I am quite the ambitious person, full of get-up-and-go, and always productive.

Actually, I did do something worthwhile - once a year Jordan's school has a big fundraiser. Now there are only 45 students in his school, so the fundraisers aren't like some other places, but for us it is a biggie.

I baked 52 dozen gingersnaps on Tuesday. How long does that take? Well, with a convection oven and three years of practice it takes approximately four episodes of "Quantum Leap" on Hulu. And I only baked 1/6th of it. I do the gingersnaps every year and a friend is in charge of the divinity (because she is the only one who can make it perfect every time). There was also Raspberry Petit fours, fudge, turtles, and praline grahams. Yum. We clear a little over $800 ever year, which, like I said, is very good for that tiny school.

I love Christmas!

No comments: