Sunday, January 3, 2010

S -N - O - W

We woke to a dusting, and literally just a dusting. Although the people North of us got quite a bit (for Arkansas). In fact, it was the first Sunday of the New Year and I was the only one in Children's Primary. We had to bring in the new Sunbeams (the three year olds) and switch all of the children to their new classes. I didn't have a pianist, nursery teacher, sunbeam teacher, a teacher for the 7 & 8 year olds, and no other adults.........they can all blame it on the snow, but surely there wasn't that much on the ground!

Fortunately, volunteers to teach were easy to find and we sang without the piano. So the two hours went fairly smoothly.

Ethan was so excited to see the snow he couldn't even eat his breakfast. This picture is in the afternoon when it was really all gone, but some was still falling from the sky...barely.

2 comments:

mary jane said...

Oh Susie! The only adult in Primary today? And such a big day...second only to the primary program, I think. I'm sure you handled it beautifully and no one knew how crazy it could have/should have been.

That big popcorn popper sounds fun! What a great idea!

Susie said...

We love the popper! Can't wait to have parties, but it hasn't stopped us from popping some every night. I really have to watch it - I can't afford a new wardrobe :-)