Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow

Has it really been a week?? The time is flying by so fast - and yet I am not getting that much done. Funny how that happens.

I wish I had pictures of all our snow and ice, but I not only can't find my camera, I can't find my phone either. Nice to know I am consistent and no respecter of things that I lose - big or small, it doesn't matter.

Thursday night we were expecting a big ice and snow storm. I didn't prepare anything for school on Friday, Jordan and I watched Stargate, Ethan was up past his bedtime.....then I looked at the weather radar and saw the entire storm skirting around our town. Not only was it going up and over, but it then went back down on the other side. In other words, Searcy was a circle left untouched. Then I began to panic. We would have school on Friday and here I was acting like it was vacation time.

I slept fitfully thinking "I don't hear any ice falling" - by the time I got up at 4:30 and looked outside there wasn't anything on the ground! I was so mad!

By 5:00 it starting falling, finally. I snuggled up under my warm blanket and didn't get up until 7:00. I love snow days!!!!!

It fell all day long. I wrote a list of the things I wanted to get done yesterday, but after two cups of hot chocolate I chucked the list and did absolutely nothing. Except think about doing something - productive.

Today the boys are scooping ice in the driveways of our neighbors and the cars have been cleaned off. We have church meetings tonight in Little Rock, but I am hoping they cancel :-) The roads still aren't in that great of condition for a southern state.

And it is GREAT snowball snow!!

1 comment:

mary jane said...

It sounds WONDERFUL! I am so glad you chucked your list for the day...everyone needs a day off every now and then. :-)