Thursday, February 4, 2010

All in a days...um....work

I got to school early this morning and the teacher told me the principal wanted me to go to the gym to supervise the children until school started - the teachers were going to get their group picture. Gulp. I walked in the gym and children were sitting in their class lines - about 100 of them and I still had 15 minutes to go.....sweat started pouring....I told myself to look confident.

Then the principal rolls in a computer and starts to play "The Funky Dance". The students are really getting warmed up now, and more students keep pouring in....

Then he tells me to play the song twice and do "Morning Message" (which includes the pledge, lunch menu, etc.) Hm....okay, I tell myself, smile and look confident.

Meanwhile, all of the children who had breakfast are pouring into the gym and it is starting to look like a Louisiana ball game, bodies everywhere.

Thankfully, time does pass, one way or another, and I managed to sound like I had some kind of authority as we quieted down and said the pledge. Thanks goodness the principal came back in before the end and I quickly handed him the mic - still looking confident, of course.

Then this afternoon I promise you all 20 children were coughing at the same time. I couldn't use enough Germx.

Is my throat starting to get scratchy????

No comments: