Monday, April 18, 2011

I would of posted sooner, but........

I have been two blasted busy replanting my seedlings!!!!!

I have two dark, dark, dark brown thumbs. Promise.

First my seedlings, which looked so good to start with, started to look spindly (just the tomatoes, actually, the cucumber and squash looked good).

I decided to replant the tomatoes - give it another good ole' boy try.

Then I decided to put my squash and cucumbers into bigger pots until I was ready to put them in the ground.

I inadvertently broke two of them putting them into the pots.

Then I think the cat broke one when I put them outside to harden them off.

Then I broke three more transplanting them into the ground.

Brown.
Thumb (s).

Never mind the fact that I left them on the front porch during a night of tornadoes.

My blueberry bushes are sticks in the ground. I don't know if they decided to go dormant out of revenge or if I actually killed them when I planted them.

NONE of the seeds I planted germinated save about 8 out of 80 corn seeds.

Is it any wonder I am discouraged by July??

At least I don't have to feed my family solely on what I am able to grow. Although, it would solve my weight challenges.

So I have 19 news peat pots with seeds in them. I am starting over - live and learn, try try again, get back on the horse.......you get the drift.

I think I need to sleep......killing plants is hard work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susie, Susie - A farmer? Maybe not, but a funny, beautiful person inside & out, you are. I just laughed and laughed while reading your blog this morning. That's okay tho because I kill house (porch ) plants almost daily. Probably because I forget to water them and in our 100 degree heat they just dry up! I will say tho that my silk flowers are doing beautifully. I love silk flowers!! Love to you all, Aunt Bev

Journee said...

I would go ahead and just plant your seeds outside in the garden....your frost date has passed. They will germinate......

Susie said...

I TRIED planting seeds outdoors, that is where the 8 out of 80 came in. As of today, my tomatoes have not germinated. I am close to despair :-)