Growing, growing, growing.

Cucumber and tomato and some squash.

However, will these peek up? I don't know. I planted them a few days later than the rest. But I am hopeful.

My sprouts, on the other hand, don't seem to have gotten the memo.

I think I may have sprouts that have checked out. I had a five pound bag of seed, but I have had them for several years (3 maybe). But they were in a sealed bag, so I didn't think there was a hurry. I will wait another day or so and see if they change their mind.
In other news, this is the composter my sister gave me.

What strange creatures lurk behind these walls?

Well......red wigglers to be exact. A hundred of them were waiting to greet me after school today. I promptly welcomed them into the family by giving them a drink, making them a lovely bed of newspapers and tucked them in with a wet covering. The instructions informed me that they would be a bit dehydrated and sleepy from their long journey. It would take a day or two for them to get moving.
I decided to provide them a bit of a Welcome Feast by chopping up some apple that has been in the frig for (??) weeks. I went to wake my little sleepy heads when I saw this:

They were already trying to escape!! Boy, that was close!! I quickly encouraged them all back under their wet newspaper and gave them the apple. How is that for gratitude?
Now my composter looks like this:

We will see tomorrow if they have settled down.
3 comments:
100?.....closer to 1000. They will eventually settle:-)
1000? Really? Hm......well there are five less this morning. They were shriveled up and dead on my floor this morning, lol.
Looking good!
Post a Comment