Well.........
There are only 17 school days left. What?!? Where did the year go? Fortunately, I think (think, think) I will be doing summer school with the English language learners. How fun will that be?!?
Life at the bike shop has been crazy since our office manager decided to stay home full time with her new baby (we were thrilled she decided to do it, even though now we are very, very short handed). So I leave for work at 6:00 a.m. and we have been getting home around 8 p.m. I head to the bike shop after school gets out. The good thing is it is a family affair, so at least we are all together. But it doesn't leave us time for much more than coming home and get ready for the next day.
We talked with a college girl tonight that we think will work out great - so cross your fingers!
Meanwhile.........
My kids at school have been having a great time observing the life cycle of a robin. One morning I walked in my room and saw that a robin was building her nest right outside my classroom window - at eye level!! How lucky is that?!?
So....
We watched her build her nest.
Saw her beautiful blue eggs.
Got glimpses of her babies.
And we get a lot of angry complaining from mama when we peek out the window.
You will notice I actually walked outside to get a picture of the nest, but once those eggs were laid she got very possessive (imagine that). So I opened the window to get a good picture of the eggs. I tried to get a good picture of the babies, but I didn't dare open the window very much because I honestly think the mother would fly in and attack. That is also why I didn't put my hand out with the camera to take a picture. I didn't want to chance ending up in the next day's local paper documenting my stupidity if she attacked!
But my kids have been LOVING it!
No comments:
Post a Comment