Yesterday was a 14 hour work day for us. After closing shop I had to run to store to get things for Sunday dinner.
I got all the way through Walmart when I realized I forgot a few odds and ends I needed for Claire's birthday - so immediately my "fast" trip (realize I had Ethan with me and going anywhere with him is NEVER fast anyway) turned into a much longer trip because I couldn't find what I was looking for.
As I am checking out at the register (on a Saturday night, at Walmart - you know what I'm talking about) - I realized I forgot the wrapping paper!! So I left Phil and Ethan by the door and went (ran) to get the wrapping paper.......
(more waiting in line......)
The front doors were opening to let us out when I realized I forgot CARROTS for the roast - yes, piddly carrots. But for all of you who have eaten Sunday Dinner at my house and know how the slightest change from routine throws the boys out of wack, I had to make myself turn around and walk (run) to get carrots.
(more waiting in line....)
We got the car packed, climbed in, backed out, and started down the row when I realized I forgot Jordan's pizza rolls. Pizza rolls. Really? But he had worked so hard ALL day long and all he asked for to snack on was a lousy bag of pizza rolls. So Phil patiently pulled into the "no park" zone and I walked (ran) in to get the pizza rolls.
(more waiting in line......)
It was almost 9:30 by the time we got home.
Me. Old and Crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment