Monday, June 10, 2013

Getting the Clean On

I am writing tonight from Hot Springs - I am at an education conference until Wednesday.  Yes, that means that FOUR boys are home alone.  Well, not exactly alone as they do have each other, but alone meaning there is not a female presence.  At all.

Because I knew I would be gone for so long, I got this fantastic, uncontrollable urge to deep clean on Saturday.  I started enthusiatically around 10am, got distracted from about 10:30 until 4pm, and then had to make up for lost time by working feverishly into the night.

I moved furniture, scrubbed baseboards, washed rugs, and mopped my entire house on my hands and knees. 

Cue violin music.

I went to bed Saturday feeling on top of the world.  I felt like the Giselle in Enchanted.  I was dancing nimbly throughout my newly sparkling house.

My concern during workshops today was...what else...my family.  I think I called a gazillon times.   I worried they weren't watching Ethan.....and did they remember to let the chickens out??........do they remember there are left overs that must be eaten in the next couple of days?......and so on.

To keep myself busy tonight, I have worked out (that is a first in a very long time, I am sure I will be sore tomorrow) and watched my favorite parts of Emma.

Tomorrow I am sure I will have other worries......like will my house still be clean when I return on Wednesday?  So until then.....

Good night, Family :-)

No comments: