Thursday, July 28, 2016

Kinders


Oh my, where has my summer gone?

I have spent this week at professional development.  I am going to miss my friends in Arkansas this school year - and I'm especially going to miss my students.

However.....now I have a new team.  I will be teaching kindergarten at an inner-city school in Chattanooga.  My teacher friends with experience in inner-city schools...I need your help, encouragement and advice!!


There were hundreds of teachers at my PD - there are 78 schools in this district!!  That is quite a jump from the 6 I'm used to!
I briefly saw my room the other day - by brief I mean a five-minute glimpse.  I can tell I'm the new girl on the block.  I got a tiny room with no windows.  (cue tears)

I know, pathetic, right?

I heard war stories on Monday when we were all together.  I've been at PD by myself the remainder of the week and I'm starting to feel better again.  One more day to go then I have to spend my last three days trying to get my room ready.  First on the agenda......a rug/carpet.  And I've contemplated putting up a fake window and curtain, haha.

Why live boring?  Bring it on, kinders ;-)

No comments: