Sunday, August 14, 2016

Don't Wait for Me, Argentina....

Hola Amigos,


Okay let us talk about this crazy week I have had. The only way I know how to describe it is going into freezing cold water and then jumping into a pit of fire but then running out unscathed and into a train station to go to NoEntiendoEspanol Land where everyone speaks german
​,​
eat
​s​
italian food with chop sticks and run
​s​
around with their shirts on backwards and pants on their heads........It has been an interesting week to say the least. 
This
​S​
unday
we had a cool devotional about being a good missionary, Then 
​some of my district and I watched Ephrim's rescue, which is a movie about the saints that traveled over the plains. If you have not seen it...you need to! The experience and blessings of that time were astronomical. It made me reflect if I really believed that miracles could happen in my life or even on my mission. Did i believe that God was watching over me and preparing me for moments I would need to be worthy for? Interesting. I came up with that i could have those miracles in my life! And so can you! AMAZING!
Monday was a fun day just because everyone was leaving and
​I ​
could get through the lunch line faster...it's the little things that bring the most joy;)
Tuesday was astronomical!!!!! Neil L Anderson came and spoke to us!!!! It was filled with so much power and interesting topics! He talked about how the mission field is not complex but it is not easy. If you push yourself and prepare a way the spirit can guide you to make those choices you need to to be the best missionary you can. This isn
​'​
t just for me!
​E​
veryone needs to be a missionary. That is why we are he
​re ​
on this earth. And you don't have to be a Mormon to be a missioanary! You can tell others of christ and what he did for us! That is all
​I ​
am doing! That is my purpose to invite others to come closer to christ! That is why we are all here! He also talked about how we should love the people we serve. Once we do that the language will come and we will be blessed! He also said for us to be Three things...BE clean BE obedient BE busy! That is great for missionaries! The rest of the week was a roller coaster!
This
​F​
riday, the 12th, my district got their flight plans. We were all really animado to get them. I was sitting by the mail room just waiting for the note that would send me to
​A​
rgentina...and it didn
​'​
t come.
​E​
veryone in my district got their flight plans and 
​I​
was alone.
I was scared that 
​I​
was forgotten...How could my entire district get it but not me? I was kinda frustrated but then
​I ​
remembered that 
​I​
was thinking about me and myself and that is not how my mission will be. So 
​I​
said a quick prayer and felt the paz (peace) of
​G​
od and I rejoiced with my district that they were headed to the place the gospel needed them most! It was such a great experience!
The Temple!

My District

The Sister on the left is my cousin, Hannah.  She will be serving in the Knoxville Mission and could see my mom and dad!!  I saw her the second day after she arrived.

Super Heroes

The Bear is Elder hill because we call him papa oso (father bear) He has more dad phrases than MY DAD...Which is ALOT


No comments: