Saturday, August 6, 2016

Sprinting into August

This is the way to spend the last few days of freedom.  He is at the very top of the stairs, as if he just couldn't go another step and just had a get a few snoozes in before he could go on......

I know the feeling actually.
Oh, and I have had an awesome amount of people reading my Bradley Cooper post - I know, right?  He is so cute.  You were hoping I had really seen him, I know.  Sorry to lead you all astray.

My room is far from ready, but at least I cleaned out all of the cupboards and got a deal on a huge remnant.   Talk about feeling welcomed - I was told (by a member on my kinder team) that I parked in her parking spot.  What?!?!  Pick your battles.

I will include a few words from Jordan - who only has two more weeks until he flys out.

Yo tengo a bueno tiempo en el CCM!!! Yo quiero hablar sobre la tender mercies of the LORD!


I have been blessed beyond my comprehension. There are not many things better than sitting in a classroom with a teacher that refuses to speak English and a district that is so focused on being strictly obedient! What could be better than that??? I am blessed!
Okay now let me tell you about this week! IT WAS ROUGH! So many things happened! Sunday night we had a really good devo and also Tuesday night! Hey POPS! I basically heard your phrase from a general authority!"It doesn't matter!!" I took that to be, "It doesn't affect my eternal salvation" Yes!!! haha But that is cool!

Elder Batman was sick on Monday and we stayed in the dorm after I got my stuff! It was needed trust me. I really do love the class room but it is hard to study in there. I got so much done when i was in a quite room and Elder Batman was cutting logs:) It was awesome. Now...I am by no means a perfect man...and being in that room so quietly and studying the scriptures definitely helps you fall asleep. I was out when the rest of the roommates came in and I was startled! They asked me if I had a great nap and I said that I was reading the scriptures and I became exhausted from the spirit overcoming me! HAHA It could have happened!!!!!!!!

I am Really excited to be going to Argentina in TWO weeks!!! This next Friday I will be getting my flight plans! It is awesome because mine and my sister district are all going together because most of us are going to Salta! It will be LEGENDARY!!!

However...I do hate planes and I have made my district aware that if they sit by me a may grab their hands and squeeze the hand till it breaks! ha not really but I do hate planes!
The rest of the week was the same! Let me tell you a joke...what do you get when a cow crosses a barbed wire fence.......

UDDERLY DESTROYED!!!!! 
WHICH IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU EAT THE FOOD HERE!!!!! GAH!!
Oh THIS week i received a package from my Grandmother!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH GRANDMA!!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!! This package had goldfish, gum, m&ms, and CARMEL!!! YES!!!! I am still eating it right now!!! 

This week i have realized also that if you pray with faith you shall receive! There is no doubt in my mind that you can do anything with the Lords power! What an amazing thing! My goodness... anyways Thank you all for being supportive!!! It means alot to me!!!

OH ALSO !!!! I auditioned for a musical number for the devotional on Sunday night!!! I got it!!! So I will be singing a solo in front of 2400 missionaries.......GAHHHHHH Wish me luck!
Let me leave you with a saying that I have pondered alot...
I have come to the realization, that everything in this world...is..or ISN't...A Badger....Think about it....

Love,
Your Favorite missionary.

Jordan McGrath

ps. Im here for two more weeks....if anyone wants to send something, make it quick:) 

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Susie, I had totally lost contact with the blogging world and I had some time in the hospital the other day so I found your blog and tried to catch up. I can't believe you have moved to Tenessee!!!! How great you can be close to your family. I enjoyed reading that your surgery went well and that you have another one on a mission. Hannah just returned in March! Larry's dad passed away last year and as we were making many trips to Texas, I always thought of you when we drove through Arkansas. It sounds like life is great in the McGrath house. I will try to stay more connected to your blog. My kids use Instagram now so that is how I keep connected with them. If you are ever in the Louisville area, let's get together!
Kathy