Friday, October 24, 2008

Ethan the Theatre Critic, Part I


Ethan and I and about 600 K-2 graders from around the area went to the Children's Theatre in Little Rock to see June B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business. First of all, I have never read an entire book by Mrs. Park. I don't have girls at home anymore and you wouldn't catch my boys dead reading a girly book. If your child is easily influenced - stay away! Ms. Junie B. Jones was rude and obnoxious and I couldn't help but think "Those teachers are gonna have some problems come Monday."

The music was off a bit and being the theatre person that I am I got a huge chuckle out of the character "Lucille" - her costume zipper was stuck. The dress was open in the back during her big number. In turn, each of the other character's were trying to discreetly zip her up, to no avail. I must say, she was a trooper.

But, hey, I'm no second grader. There were 600 kids who thought it was hilarious. This was Ethan's take on the afternoon.......



4 comments:

mary jane said...

I know I'm not a 2nd grader either because I too am not a fan of Junie B. What gets me is the terrible grammar in the books. Especially when these kids are just learning vocabulary and sentence structure and proper tenses...then to read something like "Grampa's tool belt is the bestest thing I love." Ugh. To say nothing of the obnoxious behavior! By the way that quote was pulled at random from just opening a Junie B. book right here in my kitchen. My kids love those books and think they are so funny. So there you go. I'm not a 2nd grader, they are.

Susie said...

Haha! I'm glad it wasn't just me!

I Am Their Voice said...

adorable video

Susie said...

Thanks! Whenever I turn a camera he automatically squints - it is idea of a great big smile. On the video he actually looks a little camera shy, go figure...