This is her life.......some of the funny stories and all...... (the best pictures are in the scrapbook her aunt made her, so you all get to see the leftovers :-)
This is Megan right out of the hospital. She was born on March 12, 1987. We were very happy to have a little girl and of course we thought she was the cutest thing ever! We lived in Arizona at the time and she hated to be indoors - but going outside meant being in 110 degree weather -agh, the agony of summer! She was a child that kept going until she dropped....
This picture was taken her first Christmas.

When Megan was one she loved to be pulled around the house in this box. One day while we were pulling she turned over and went to sleep.

This was our last day in Arizona. We were heading out for graduate school the next day, never to return to Arizona. She loved her grandpa very much.

Megan was a tomboy growing up. Half of the time she had her shirt off and was muddy. She never played with barbies and loved playing outside.

Megan loved to dress up and sing songs from "The Little Mermaid." Her favorite movie when she was really young was "Lady and the Tramp."

This is Megan when Bryan was born. The hospital birthing room had beautiful wallpaper in it, brand new. Megan and Bryan were only 19 months apart. When Megan came to visit him Phil and I had dinner on the other side of the room (it was u shaped, with the bathroom in the middle). Well, we were enjoying our new son and dinner when we heard paper ripping. I thought Megan was getting into the gifts I had been given. When I went to check on her we discovered that she was ripping the new wallpaper off the wall. Yikes, I was so embarrassed. I was sure the nurses were wondering why I went and had two children when I couldn't given keep control of my first one, lol.

Megan's hair was so straight for the longest time, then it just went curly - until she was about 8 and then it went straight again.....weird.......

Pictures with her brother, Bryan.

I still remember when donuts were a relatively guilt free food. I wonder where those days went...

Megan in kindergarten (Greencastle, Indiana)

With Logan as an infant (Logan looks a bit alarmed, doesn't he?)

Sledding in Indiana.

Megan has lived a lot of different places, but she always trys to keep in touch with her friends. She is very loyal. You can depend on her for anything.

Megan has the wonderful trait of accomplishing anything she puts her mind to. She is good at a lot of different things. One thing I will always remember about her when she lived at home was that she always had her nose in a book and was never far from a glass of ice to chew. I would have books and glasses all over the house. In fact, when she visits it is just like the good ole days.
Now Megan will be the first to admit that she doesn't like to be in a house by herself - ever. When she was young and was afraid to walk down the dark hallway to her bedroom, she would grab her younger, unsuspecting brother to go ahead of her.
Megan has always been a responsible young lady. She was late if she arrived anywhere 5 minutes before she was supposed to be there (that drove me crazy sometimes). I never had to worry about her doing her homework - except that once.......an online English course.....oh, I can hear Megan screaming now for me not to tell this story.........well, it begins.......oh, I couldn't do that to her. Not online, anyway, maybe if you ask me in person I will tell you the story.....
Once she started working she never asked me for anything. She paid for her own college and she is very frugal and doesn't mind going without. She lives within her means and is very responsible.
To show her good judgement she married a great guy. We love him so much and they make a wonderful couple.
Well, before you know it, our babies grow up and then they have babies. And if I do say so myself, we have a cute one.
I love Megan's smile and her sense of humor. I love her sensitivity and her generosity. I love it that she tries to live her life in a Christ-like way. She is a wonderful mother and I don't think anything makes a mother so happy as to see her daughter become a wonderful mother herself. I feel so lucky that Heavenly Father entrusted us to raise her. She is following in His ways and seeking His will for her. She lives her life as she learned from her youth:
"We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him.
We will "stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things,
and in all places" as we strive to live
the Young Women values, which are:
Faith
Divine Nature
Individual Worth
Knowledge
Choice and Accountability
Good Works
Integrity and
Virtue.
We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values,
we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants,
receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation."
Megan embraces all of those wonderful attributes. I feel so lucky she is mine!

(5 Generation Picture)
Happy Birthday, my dear, sweet girl. I can't wait to see you on Saturday. WE LOVE YOU!!!
3 comments:
Aw..thanks mom :) I love you!
Well you deserve it all, you are wonderful! I love you tons!!!!
So sweet! I love all the pictures and stories. What a good girl you raised, Susie!
Post a Comment