Sunday, October 4, 2009

General Conference

It amazing to think that listening to leaders of the Church speak for a total of 8 hours over 2 days can be refreshing - but it is!

I gleaned from conference the need to be of more service to my fellowman and to listen to the promptings of the Holy Spirit with more care. I loved it when Elder Anderson said we don't need more laws of the land to do what we right, we need to follow the laws of God.

So much we hear is what we know in our heart to be right - but we need to rededicate ourselves. Sometimes we get caught up in the things of the world and forget to hold on fast to the iron rod.

I hope those of you who could listen feel as uplifted as I do!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I loved conference also. My only problem is that I come away seeing how far I have to go and the task at hand seems overwhelming. I am going to try though! I also feel the need to be of service and show the Lord's love to all. Good luck!

Susie said...

It seems like the older I get the more weaknesses I have to overcome! Just when I get one conquered there is another!! It is very rejuvenating to filled with hope that I can do it! I just have to endure to the end. You can do it!!