Sunday, October 11, 2009

When the mood strikes....


Yesterday morning I was awakened at 5am (husband forgot to turn off his phone alarm) and I was thinking I really should get up and paint the hall.

Weird, I know.

But the hall has been bugging me. You know how children use the doorjams to get momentum to go around a corner. And how those dents and dings collect on the walls. And of course, there was that day Ethan impersonated Picasso with the permanent marker.

As was laying there, I imagined myself getting up and getting all of the tools necessary to make a short job of it. How long could it take if I was prepared?

I was so convincing that I actually leaped out of bed and got started.

Once I got started I counted all of the door/closet trim I was going to have to do - it totaled 9!!!!

What was going to be a short two hour project ended up taking 9 - but who's counting. I did have to wait for the trim to dry before I could attack the wall.

This morning it looks clean and fresh.

The only time I can paint is when the mood strikes. Otherwise, I will never get to it.

Now I a need a fresh coat of paint in the kitchen.....I'm waiting for the mood to strike.

No comments: