Friday, November 27, 2009

Four Day Weekends Rock!

I LOVE vacation time - especially the day after Thanksgiving. Do I go crazy on Black Friday? NEVER! I stay home and put up Christmas decorations. Ethan has been going crazy excited for the last two weeks. He could hardly wait to get the tree up, in fact he was up at 6:00 am. Which for him is an improvement, he was up the day before at 5:00 am.

My new friend, Frosty, was purchased the last time mom was here to visit. I love it when she comes. I love it when Phil's mom comes, too. If fact, that is really the only time I ever go shopping. Too bad they don't visit more often :-)

Phil and I did actually drive a mile down the road to Walgreens this morning to get a Black Friday special - two four-foot lighted trees for a grand total of 21.95. I was so excited! Ethan painted a birdhouse he made in Cub Scouts. Phil continued to work on his never-ending "honey do" list.

Today was leftovers, hot chocolate, finger foods and Christmas music. An added bonus was beautiful weather. Tonight is hot popcorn, cheese and crackers, and a movie. I LOVE vacation!

No comments: