Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Where has he been?

Bryan has written very brief notes over the last couple months. He is working hard and doesn't have much free time, actually he doesn't have any. His birthday is on December 23rd and he is hoping to get transferred back into the field then. After that, he will be home in just 10 short weeks - the time has flown - for all of us.

Below are some pictures he sent, and also a short note. The cheese in the sandwich is processed, but he didn't care, he was so happy to have something besides rice!

Hey there,

How is everyone. Is Thanksgiving Thursday? If it is, that's cool. I'm sure more thankful for a lot more things than I ever have been. We really are very blessed, in many millions of ways. It's very wonderful. I'm very worried about my English. I hope I'll get it all back. I read something I wrote before I came and it was shocking. It flowed and I used big words, lol. I don't think I can write like that now. I like to write. Maybe I can be a journalist or have a column in a paper. That would be fun. I guess I'll settle for a blog. It's like a column without the stress. I had a pretty relaxing p-day. Didn't make it to the art market though. We had some stuff come up. I guess we'll go next week. This week is zone interviews, all week and part of next week. I'm hoping this is my last one, lol, next transfer I hope to be listening and taking notes rather than standing up teaching. I love y'all. Happy Thanksgiving.
Love,
Bryan

2 comments:

mary jane said...

I love his letters and pictures. He does look happy with that plate of food in the first picture! It looks much more appetizing that some of the other food pictures I have seen of his (gag)!

What an awesome mission he is having. I can't believe he comes home so soon. It will be quite a culture shock I think! So different.

So who is skinnier...Phil or Bryan? ;-)

Susie said...

I am not sure, I think they are about the same, maybe Phil a little less since he is still running marathons. It won't take long to put back on by the looks of his "to eat" menu for when he comes home :-)