Tuesday, February 9, 2010

No Water in Ghana


Bryan is home in five weeks....

"Another week down. We have been out of water for almost a week now. I guess there is a problem this side of the city, maybe the whole city. They have been trying to fix the problem but it seems they can't. So we've heard they have sent for engineers from South Africa to try and fix the problem. We might be out of water for some time which is not good because our reserves are running low and people in our apartment complex are begging us for water. We've given a lot out, but I don't think we have enough left to give. We have an extra set of elders in the apartment."

He said later no one in the city even has enough water to bathe and clean in. I haven't heard from him since early Monday morning when he wrote this, so I don't know the latest. As of Monday morning they had a little barrel left of water and that was all.

This is similar to the problem he had when he first arrived two years ago. His first week out he had no water and no electricity.

1 comment:

Journee said...

I pray they get a massive downpour!