Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What!?


Tomorrow will be day number three with no school! We aren't expecting any more precipitation until Thursday but we will have windchills of 6 degrees and the little that melted today and turned slushy will all freeze.

I am shocked there is no school tomorrow. Rumor has it the annex at the high school caved in due to the weight of the very heavy snow - but that doesn't explain why all the schools in the district have closed. Other towns have closed as well. Very interesting.

I really should of been more productive these last few days, had I only known.....I did finally paint the bathroom and I filed my taxes. Yippi-yippi whoohoo.

This was supposed to be "my" week to teach full-time. LOL. The good news is while the district has to make up the days at the end of the school year, we already have plans to be out of town and I don't plan on changing them :-) The downside to all of this snowy vacation weather is the few pounds all of that hot chocolate is making me gain.

2 comments:

jessica said...

Hi! I can tell you why there wasn't school on Wed- I could barely get out of my house on Thursday...at 11:00! And it was quite a ride getting back home last night! If everyone's driveway was as slick as mine we'd be holed up for another 3-4 days! I've missed your blog!

Susie said...

Did your kids go to school on Thursday? I didn't bother to go anywhere while we were holed up. It was the perfect excuse:-)