Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lost....and Found

Last summer Jordan planted, watered, weeded and harvested our garden - and I paid him. He was saving for many things, you know how it is when you get money. He ended up never spending it, lol. Anyway, last fall he was counting it on my bed and left it out. The total was around $160. I must have decided to teach him a lesson because apparently I took the money and stuck it in a canning jar and hid it.

A month later he wants to buy something and the money is nowhere to be found.

We have looked for that money since OCTOBER. I have torn this house apart. During this last week and a half of cleaning we have cleaned every drawer and closet, wiped out every nook and cranny and dusted every shelf. I have taken out the beds to clean underneath and mopped every floor. Nothing - aside from dirt there was nothing - no jar, no money, nothing.

Last night all of us were sitting in the bedroom marveling that the money was absolutely nowhere to be found.

I was sitting in an office chair and had this view.
Something popped into my head and I got up and looked behind this.
Voila - the money.

Strange but true. Even more incredible - I have dusted up there several times! I have no idea how it stayed hidden for so long.

Jordan is a very happy, less poor young fella now.
I still don't remember putting it there, but I know no one else would have.

Well....I hope he learned his lesson!!

1 comment:

Journee said...

that's good -glad y'all found it!
You know, I've hidden money behind picture frames, also....