Thursday, July 29, 2010

Was that a brick wall?

We have been home less than a week and I think I hit the wall.

Jordan is gone and Phil is gone for 10 days.

It is just Ethan and I. You would think that would be exciting enough, but it is quiet.

To fill up the void I should be doing important things, like repainting the bathroom. But I promise you, I have learned from experience that if I paint when I am not in the "paint zone" it is utter disaster. One of these mornings I will wake up with the undeniable, irresistible urge to paint. That is when I paint, and don't even attempt it any other time. Like I said, experience.

No, I made my own laundry detergent, thanks to a recipe my sister gave me. It took all of 10 minutes and now I have enough for 640 loads for a grand total of $5.00.

I made my own dishwasher detergent. Green and friendly to the environment and made with the leftovers of the laundry soap ingredients.

Today I am making bread and tortillas.

I have caught up on "Psych" and "Warehouse 13."

I have organized the office.

I am suffering with allergies.

I have taken no pictures, whatsoever.

I downed a pint of Breyers. (not all at once!, but close)

I did some half-hearted situps......one night.

I am sweltering in this Arkansas humidity.

I enrolled in Professional Development classes even though I don't have a job this fall. I will be in an auditorium with 1000 teachers. I bet I will be the only unemployed one there.

I am updating my blog with lame post.

That was definitely a brick wall.

4 comments:

The McEwans said...

You can come back and visit me...
:)

Susie said...

I can't wait to! It's happenin' where you are :-)

Jessica said...

I am glad you're posting again! I miss your random posts as well as your pictures of that beautiful family!

Journee said...

I'm now addicted to Psych...