Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Where there's a Will......

I never take Ethan to the library. Ever. It is disaster waiting to happen. He has never been able to sit through a story time or stay focused in one area, he just runs around. Truly. It is a nightmare.

Yesterday, however, I had to take him with me. Jordan wanted to get some books.

Ethan is 9 - surely I could watch him for a little bit. Follow behind him. That sort of thing.

I was at the computer looking up some books and Ethan disappeared. I went looking. He wasn't in the children's section. I went looking some more.

I found him in the 300 aisle.

He had pulled three books off a shelf and was heading to a nearby table to look at them.

I will give you one, two guesses what kind of books he found.It is really incredible that out of that huge (well maybe not HUGE, but definitely big for Ethan) library, he found books on Christmas.

Where there is a Will there is a Way.

p.s. We were able to stay a while because he sat like a big 9 year old and looked quietly at the books.

Who said there weren't miracles anymore??

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Love it! I could also do Christmas year round.