Tuesday, September 1, 2009

911


Isn't it great to know that when in need we can dial 3 simple numbers and have help immediately.

Tonight we had a man come and hook up the cable internet. He ran a cord thru the upstairs bedroom and had climbed out on the roof to run it into the wall. Unfortunately, he left the upstairs window open when he left.

After signing the work papers I discovered that Ethan was missing.

I ran upstairs and when I found the window open my heart stopped. I climbed out on the roof just knowing that Ethan's body was going to be on the ground below.

I heard his voice behind me - there he was - on the highest part of the roof. He had his Santa coat and bag and several toys around him. He was sitting down. Some toys had been thrown down to the ground and my sandals were on the opposite end.

You may remember the close call we had previously.

Well, I was near panic...should I get him? Phil was gone. I didn't trust I wouldn't fall myself. I didn't want to risk it. I yelled for the phone and I called 911. Three every nice police officers came and they got Ethan down for me. It seemed like an eternity before they got there. I just kept telling Ethan not to move!

Anyway - I tell everyone that angels watch over that kid and nothing can convince me otherwise.

Hopefully the officers won't call in social services to check me out - but I will definitely be in the Police Log Report in the local newspaper. I don't think they put names in - I hope not! But if you see 7 Jenny Lynne Drive, you will know it's us.
And yes, I called the man from the internet company and told him what happened. He needs to be more careful!

3 comments:

Journee said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad he is safe...and you did not have cardiac arrest.
lol
sam

Jessica said...

I'm so glad he's safe. Can you put a bell on that kid? He's too fast to keep up with!

Anonymous said...

How scary!!! I'm so glad he is okay. Was Ethan scared, or was just he having a great time?