Sunday, July 22, 2012

Logan Update

Apparently Logan has some friends who are NOT on the email list and they have been waiting for me to put Logan's letters on the blog.  I do apologize - both to his friends for taking so long and to those of you who ARE on the email list.  You will not read anything new below:-)  I should here from him again tomorrow and will post it - so keep in touch!  He has only 13 more months to go.....

Just to update - Logan is in Cameroon now.

June 18
Well, I thouroughly enjoyed talking to you all yesterday!!!
Next time I will be more than halfway done with the mission... that is
weird!!! Time has flown by so fast!!!

Well this is the start (today) of my 7th transfer.....craziness.
Next transfer will be the craziest. The new people will be in and they
don't know this place or speak french. Ils s'sppellent the Whitesides.
I hope they are nice!!! I love senior couples. They are like grandpas
and grandmas!!!! Sister Evanson makes us cookies all the time!! They
are so nice and helpful!!! You two should go on a mission when you
grow up!!! They would love you!!! And it is probably so much less
stressful than the lives you have now. All you have to do is work 24/7
to make elders comfortable!! I am sure it is quite satisfying!!






June 26
My famille !!  Comment ca va ? J’espère que tout va bien là ba!!
 This week was really good !! I went on splits on Friday with elder
Tshibindi and that was really fun, the way Africans teach is a little
bit different but it gets the point across you know?  He is quite a
goof ball sometimes. More so than the other Africans. They tend to be
way too serious to the point of adding in unnecessary restrictions and
rules but Elder Tshibindi is really relaxed and funny. He has a great
sense of humor! Sometimes it is hard to tell when he is joking and
not, but I have gotten good at telling.

I have discovered that I can understand people at lot easier. I mean
it is first hard to understand the French. When you get good at that
the next trick is understanding the nuances and gist behind things. I
mean sarcasm and other little tricks are hard to understand when you
learn a language and culture. That is all gotten a lot easier now and
it is easier to joke and tell stories with people. And that leads to
more real connections with investigators.  I mean that is how you have
friends. So there are many good people here that I really love and
understand. That is not something everyone can do. But it is pretty
cool; I am able to express myself more in French now.

We have some progressing investigators. An awesome family of
Anglophones. The parents are older but really nice. We climb a
mountain to see them each week. And they all jump on the back of a
moto to quick to church. It is amazing how many people can fit on a
motorcycle… I love them so much, they are ready and prepared to come
to the gospel.

Today was pretty awesome. We and a recent convert went to a museum of
cameroun. It was really interesting . then the tour guide, (the
grandson of the famous guy who built the museum) was explaining how
music always gets disqualified at the world music competition. He said
it is not because the music itself is bad (which is the reason) but it
was just recorded badly. He said that is why last time "I was in
America I bought a studio and brought it back with me." Shows us into
this totally legit music studio! It was awesome!! Then he was like,
here are instruments you know how to play? Well I took the piano,
elder lafleur by the way plays guitar REALLY well. And we jammed!!
Recorded it too!! It was actually "If you could hie to kolob"… he liked
it! So we got to jam out for a while. Soooo much fun. When I get rich
when I am old I will buy a nice place to record and jam out.
Well this week looks like it is going to be same old same old! How are
things going in your neck of the woods. Other than the stifling heat
and unbearable humidity. I am not really that jealous actually.

Any way I love you all!!! I hope your days pass well!






No comments: