Ethan still plays a lot by himself, but every once in a while the kids come to get hugs from both of us.
The neighbor kids from yesterday plus two more came over for some water/sand fun. They played in the sun and first, then we had to move under the shade tree.
I am not sure why Ethan doesn't play with the others, but he seems to just want to be where everyone else isn't. It is probably "last child" syndrome. I thought I cropped this picture to get a closer look. Oh well.
In other news, Megan and I are eating very healthy while I am here. Our goal is not to actually gain any weight while vacationing, and since in my mind food makes life, family, and parties better - it is a challenge. This little concoction is chicken, tomatoes, onions, and green chilis wrapped in a low carb tortilla and baked in the oven and topped with salsa verde. YUM!! The drink is greens with almond milk and a little ice - all blended in the fabulous "I want One" Vitamix. Good news - as of yesterday I have lost 2 pounds, so at least I am meeting my goal!
Ethan decided to get ready for some yard work, but honestly I think that is as far as he got. Ethan always likes to look the part, even if it doesn't go any further.
There is a family not too far away who raised seven children. As the children were growing, the dad realized that instead of traveling here or there for "fun" they would just buy some land and make their own playground. So....there are 10 houses on the outskirts around many acres of land (the children all live in the houses - and I think one set of in-laws). In the back of each is a different fun thing to do. One house has the swimming pool, another a full-court basketball court, a soccer field, a racketball court, a baseball field, batting cages, etc. In the very middle is just a big open football-type field. Dotted along the property are lots of in-ground trampolines. Running in and out of each yard is a railroad track complete with a working train (kiddie train). How awesome is that?!?!
Anyway, Phillip's sister and husband live next to it and during the summer the neighbors can "sign up" for pool time at the pool. We went yesterday with them and their kids/grandkids. You sign up for an hour at a time, which, to be honest, it more than enough swimming at any one time. They had a blast and it was so great to see family!
I know I shouldn't be up this late blogging, but the house alarm just work everyone up and I can't get back to sleep. Apparently Claire was sleepwalking. She thought her mom was outside and was opening the front door to get her. Scary! You always think about keeping people out, but can you imagine if the alarms weren't on, or nonexistent, and Claire went outside in the middle of the night without anyone realizing it!! I hate to even think about it. It is the first time she has ever done something like that. I guess all of that playing and swimming in the sun just wore her out!








No comments:
Post a Comment