Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Summer Wind Down

Oooooo.....I have to be back to school on the 11th (which is really going to be the 12th for me).  Kids come back on the 18th.  Ooooooooo....what to do?

One last trip to see Grandma, sans dad and Jordan (who is desperately trying to earn enough money for his first semester in college - let's just call it procrastination poor planing a summer that ended too quickly.)

Ethan and I hit the road.  With Axle, of course.
And what do Jack Johnson, the Beatles, Neil Diamond, Johnny Cash, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Elvis, and the cast from Joseph's Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat have to do with our trip?  Let's just say that Ethan has a very eclectic taste in music.   And that, my friends, is only a small sampling of his playlist.
Now think 8 long fun hours.  
I'm starting to feel your pity...keep it comin'.

We are not doing much while we are here.  I actually took a nap today and it felt 
W O N D E R F U L!!!

Tax-free days are Friday and Saturday so I am going to do some school shopping.  Chattanooga is a fun place to shop.  I don't know how much actual fun it will be with Ethan, but we will venture out nonetheless.

Then next week is filled with last minute doctor appointments, hair cuts, and house cleaning.

Sigh....where did the summer go?  Part of me is really looking forward to seeing students again, another is really going to miss those afternoon naps!  So, if you are wondering what my day holds in store for me tomorrow, rest assured it will include a short siesta in the afternoon :-)


No comments: