Sunday, September 11, 2016

Baby Fun

In just a few short weeks I am going to have another nephew!  Yippee - cause for a celebration - especially since it has been over five years since Samantha had her last baby.  Time for new goodies.

This is the only time I have a smaller belly than Sami - of course she gets her maternity clothes at the Junior section in Target, so I don't stand a chance either way.


Mom was the master planner in the affair.  Bless her, she has to come to my house everyday to get Ethan off the bus and she made another trip on Saturday for the party.
Samantha's oldest, Journee, was the only daughter to grace us with her presence.  She is ALMOST 21 and will graduate from nursing school in May.   She cracks me up, I'm glad she came.  Although who wouldn't want yummy food and an afternoon off?
Sami brought the two youngest to hang out with Ethan.  After five girls, she FINALLY started having boys.  This new lil' one will be boy #3 and everyone is excited for him to get here.

Mom picked up five different chicken salads from the Chicken Salad Shop - we had so much food we ended up with a ton of leftovers, but that is how we roll in this family.  We don't want anyone to leave hungry.
I forgot how adorable newborn clothes are.  It seems like when I was having my boys cute boy clothes were not that abundant, but they sure do make cute outfits now.
Sami got a few handmade gifts, like this knitted hat from angora.  It was super soft and the yarn was raised, sheared, spun, and knitted by one of her good friends.  Farmers are amazing.
A handmade blanket....

And quilt.  This is actually the third quilt she got.  I couldn't find my camera when she got the other two.  Sigh.....it's always something.  Which leads me to believe these pics are a little blurry because I couldn't find my glasses.......

It was a super fun day.  It was great meeting Sami and mom's friends.  Now, fingers crossed, maybe the little guy will be born on Ethan's birthday (October 19th!!)

No comments: