Logan entertaining us with his amazing skills :-)
Can you spot these creatures in camouflage?
There are a ton of hiking trails. This was a shorter one that was easy for Ethan to finish. It was called "Bear Cave" - and had lots of caves and fun places to climb.
The boys and I hiked up (and down) one of the longer trails. We rode our bikes to the start of the trail and then left our water with the bikes! I envisioned me getting a heat stroke and them having to rush for help to saving their "old" mother. Fortunately, my imagination is more active than reality. We made it from start to finish without an incident. However, I was very thirsty when we got back to our bikes!
There is another short trail called "Turtle Rock" that is amazing and totally cool because it has an old Indian dwelling inside the side of a mountain. I think I forgot my camera for that hike :-(
6 comments:
We do a Porter Family Reunion at Petite Jean with Larry's parents and sibblings. It is fun. We should be back there in 2011. Fun pictures.
I *cannot* believe you have been that close to us and haven't said "hey"!! It is a great place - I love camping Arkansas.
Ooooh! Looks like that was fun!
I can't believe you didn't get turtle rock pics! They're my favorite! I'm so glad you guys love "our" spot!
Have you been to Blanchard Springs yet? Gunner Pool is beautiful, too.
I love Turtle Rock, too.
We have been to Blanchard Springs, but not for a couple of years. It isn't that far, we need to go more often. It is beautiful up there.
Where is Gunner Pool?
Gunner Pool is in Fifty Six (the town) just a little further down the road from Blanchard Springs. I think it may still be part of that park complex. Beautiful!
Post a Comment