Saturday, February 13, 2010

Surviving Valentine's Day


We ended up having two days of school after all. Friday was the traditional Valentine's Party. I was so proud of my class! They sat and visited and showed enthusiasm about all of their Valentine's without getting loud, wild, or out of control. My CT was out of town on Thursday and Friday and the sub let me take over the class - it was good practice.

Next week - Tall Tales. And I am so excited because we are going to be listening to bluegrass and studying Georgia O'Keefe's art as well. AND.....exploring lots of organic materials (rocks, shells, etc) with magnifying glasses. If I actually survive I will report back.

Today Phil and I took Jordan to see Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief (Phil was a good sport, it is not exactly his movie, it just goes to show you how much he loves me :-) Jordan has a funny take on his dad HERE.

Then, as if eating a big bucket of popcorn and several chocolate miniatures wasn't enough, Phil took me to a new Italian restaurant in town. They serve a very yummy (i.e. fattening) bread with a very, very yummy (i.e. really fattening) dipping sauce - olive oil, Parmesan, basil and fresh garlic. Yes, I have very smelly breath now. Then I indulged in a Chicken Marsala that was absolutely delicious!! It was a very nice, relaxing evening and best of all I got to spend it with my sweetheart. Now it is put Ethan to bed and turn on a movie. I am notorious for falling asleep as soon as a movie starts - I think I even dozed during the last fight scene in Percy Jackson. I can't help myself - it's dark and I'm still. That is just screaming "SLEEP".

2 comments:

Journee said...

Happy Valentines Day!
Was the movie good? I'm hoping to see it sometime...

Susie said...

The movie was okay - funny. Just to warn you they did not leave room for a sequel (they would really have to stretch it). Don't compare it to the book and you will enjoy it! :0