Meet Leo - an exchange student from Brazil 16 years ago! We moved around so much we lost touch way back in Ohio, but through some crazy means I don't even know, he contacted us this week!He is married now and has a beautiful wife and son. And his English is still excellent!
Leo was crazy about soccer, tacos, and Reese's peanut butter cups when he lived with us. And I remember when I made buttery popcorn he loved to beat the kids to the buttery pieces. We loved him to death - he was so much fun to have around.
We wanted to get a picture before he left us and he did not want to dress up fancy. He wanted to wear his soccer shirt, so we dug out all of the old team shirts we could find. Good decision.
His sister was an exchange student right before he came out. He was a perfect teenager when he lived with us. He taught the kids soccer and was just an all-around great kid. Someday I may post about our terrible experience with an exchange student, but Leo made up for all of that. I would do it again in a second.
I told you 2010 was full of surprises and good news!
No comments:
Post a Comment