Sunday, April 4, 2010

A New Addition

You may remember that Bryan loves animals. There have been times over the years I felt our house was a zoo - we have had frogs, chameleons, ferrets, horses, a dog, cats, birds, rats, rabbits, fish, a bearded dragon and lots of snakes. I was very afraid he would come home with an African parrot. Thank goodness for International Trade Laws.

But.....his friend came to visit last weekend and gave him an African Sulcata. He told me it would be a great addition to my future classroom. I thought that was a great idea. He is a very cute tortoise. And I love animals in the classroom.

What Bryan neglected to tell me is that it is really an outdoor animal and can grow to 200 lbs. In addition, they have very long life spans. He will not only outlive me, but he will probably outlive Bryan. Not exactly the inheritance future generations were hoping for.

Ahhhhh, it is so good to have Bryan home :-)

5 comments:

The McEwans said...

Hahha my gosh. Give it to Aunt Sami...lol.

Adventures of Three Harts said...

how funny! you could make big money at school fundraisers selling rides on him in the future ;)

Journee said...

THAT is one of the CUTEST things I've ever seen!
I want one!

Susie said...

Fundraising! Now that is an idea worth pursuing! And Journee, don't worry, there may be a day we will him to you :-)

Journee said...

Yeah! :)
He wouldn't outlive me as quickly!