Sunday, January 2, 2011

Stop the Ride!

Life can be so crazy. So hectic. So AGGGGHHHHHHH!

Right?

I don't know where Christmas vacation went, but it flew. I blinked and it was gone. School starts tomorrow and my head is elsewhere. Reality will hit me right in the face tomorrow morning at 4 a.m.

We made it home. Claire and Jack were absolutely amazing during the trip. We made it in two days - which is a miracle. Two 16 hour days. Of course, Jack screams when he sees the car seat now (just kidding, he is still wonderful and perfect).

We beat the snow, which friends of ours did not. One person was stuck in Denver overnight and another in Wyoming. Of course we got home in time for tornadoes to hit Arkansas. Not in our county, but still, Arkansas is just weird.

And did you hear about thousands of blackbirds falling dead out of the sky in a random confined area? Well, that town is just 10 minutes south of here. Strange. Only in Arkansas.

Megan and I are experimenting with food storage. I made yogurt last night and cream cheese today. Haven't tasted the cream cheese yet, but it looks good. We are trying to decide how we want to taste it - seasoned with crackers? Probably the best. Jordan voted for strawberry cream filling with crepes, but I don't have the energy for that. Besides, I am out of strawberries. My sister gave me a book on 5 minute artisan breads - which, let me be honest, is so easy and so yummy I am addicted.

My biggest goal over the break was a failure. I wanted a professional family picture taken. Alas, no one was off work at the same time except for Christmas Day and the Sunday following. Bummer. I had to settle, but at least I have proof we were all together. Once.

I don't wish time to speed up, but there are parts of 2010 I am glad to see go. Now we move forward - with some of our loved ones gone. That was the hardest part about crossing the century line, those we have left behind. Waves of sadness still hit me hard, but what choice do we have but to move forward?

I used to think I was busy when I had little ones at home. But I feel super busy now, so what's with that? I guess life is just busy - with something. Just a different kind of busy. But I am thankful that I have the ability and brain(??)power to stay productive. Last night we thought we would enjoy watching a rare movie together but I fell asleep as soon as it started, lol.

I am enjoying having Megan and the grandkids here. The days are flying by. My sister, her seven children, and my mom will be here later in the week. I can't wait for the party! Girls - I have big plans each night you are here, so be ready!!!

4 comments:

mary jane said...

Hi Susie! Glad you are home safe and sound. Crazy about the tornadoes and dead blackbirds falling from the sky?!? Need to google that one. Have fun with Megan and kiddos...sounds like a non-stop party with your sis coming too. Love ya!
MJ

Journee said...

Lol; looking forward to coming over! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I recently came across your blog and would like to talk to you about an article I wrote that, being a parent, I think you would enjoy (on early childhood education). I'd love it if you could drop me an email quick so I can give you more details if you're interested or if you were interested in new content for your blog.

Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com

Jessica said...

Hello! I need to know how you make yogurt and cream cheese! Awesome! We've really been enjoying our blender wheat pancakes and waffles- thank you!